Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Somewhere over the rainbow


Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high.
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue.
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.
Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up
where the clouds are far behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops,
Away above the chimney tops.
That's where you'll find me.
Somewhere, over the rainbow, bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow,
Why then - oh, why can't I?
If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow,
Why, oh, why can't I?


Connie Talbot - Somewhere Over The Rainbow

I believe many people are very familiar with this song.
But I also believe that most of us did not pay much attention to the lyrics.
Searched through Youtube and decided to post the Connie Talbot version.

Some songs, when sung by a child, touch people.

"and the dreams you dare to dream, really do come true."

Many a times, we don't even dare to dream.
Maybe we've been facing too much disappointments.
Maybe the world today does not promise us too much hope.
Maybe we hear too little encouragements from our parents.
Maybe we just decided to follow the crowd.
Maybe we think too much on the consequences.

Many people are being in unfavorable situations, doing things that they don't enjoy doing.
It's quite rare to hear people say: "Yea! My life is AWESOME! This is just what I want!"

Most of us blame the disappointments
blame the world
blame our parents
blame the crowd
blame the consequences

We live in bitterness. We felt insignificant.

But
somewhere over the rainbow, way up high.
no matter how weak is your cry
no matter how insignificant is your dream
somewhere, someOne sees you.

If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow,
Why, oh, why can't I?

1 comment:

ally wan said...

i like the song too ..